Welcome to episode nine of Legends of the Batman, the show covering everything Batman — from the beginning! The show’s premise is a simple one. Each episode, we cover a month of Batman, be it comic books, television, movies, whatever, starting with his first appearance in 1939.
The guys are back with a look at DETECTIVE COMICS #35… and not only that, but the issue also sees the return of writer Bill Finger! Batman’s co-creator returns in style pitting our hero against Hindus, Mongols and death traps galore — all while trying to unravel the mystery of a ruby idol’s curse!
Things We Learned:
- If you see a group of Hindus driving around in a convertible downtown, they might be up to something.
- Sometimes Batman actually does ask questions first.
- Always remove all protruding pipes from bottomless pit death traps.
- Fake gloves and a Halloween makeup kid make for a surprisingly effective disguise.
- Who needs Baterangs when you can use a ruby carving of a Hindu idol?
Images from Coverage:
How to Get this Episode
There are a few ways you can get this episode. You can listen immediately by clicking on the player below. You can also download the episode directly or subscribe to the show via iTunes or the RSS feed! Questions or comments? Additions or corrections? Drop us a line! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, to send us your thoughts, as well! And don’t forget to check out our partners, Batman: Yesterday, Today and Beyond for all sorts of Batman goodness in non-podcast form.