Welcome to episode 18 of Legends of the Batman, the show covering everything Batman — from the beginning! The show’s premise is a simple one. Each episode, we cover a month of Batman, be it comic books, television, movies, whatever, starting with his first appearance in 1939.
This episode Michael Kaiser and Michael Bradley take on all Batman material released in August of 1940, where they find Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson attempting to take a much needed vacation, but instead are forced to rescue a town from corruption in DETECTIVE COMICS #43.
Things We Learned:
- It’s easy to figure out who the most respected man in town is, just ask.
- Bat-in-the-Box is a more effective calling card than Dead-Dart-Bat.
- Bad guys often live next door to each other.
- Robin doesn’t gamble, so neither should you!
- Batman’s menace is far less effective when preceded by bad puns.
Images from Coverage:
How to Get this Episode
There are a few ways you can get this episode. You can listen immediately by clicking on the player below. You can also download the episode directly or subscribe to the show via iTunes or the RSS feed! Questions or comments? Additions or corrections? Drop us a line! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, to send us your thoughts, as well! And don’t forget to check out our partners, Gotham Knights Online, an excellent site for current Batman news and reviews.