Welcome to episode 19 of Legends of the Batman, the show covering everything Batman — from the beginning! The show’s premise is a simple one. Each episode, we cover a month (or so) of Batman, be it comic books, television, movies, whatever, starting with his first appearance in 1939.
“Guess who just got back today… them wild-eyed boys that had been away. Haven’t changed, haven’t much to say. But man, I still think them cats are crazy.” That’s right, folks! Michael Kaiser and Michael Bradley are back with a brand new episode! After catching up on why they left, where they’ve been and all the news that’s happened in the interim, the guys dive into DETECTIVE COMICS #44, which find the Batman and Robin crossing paths with giants and elves as they enter “The Land Behind the Light!”
Things We Learned:
- Robin doesn’t have a bedtime.
- Dick always addresses Bruce as the Batman.
- Bob Kane had perspective issues.
- We took our hiatus one story too soon.
- Sometimes, stories don’t teach you five things.
Images from Coverage:
- The Superman Fan Podcast, hosted by Billy Hogan
- “Slipstream,” a web comic illustrated by Billy Hogan and written by Jeffrey Taylor
- The cover to “Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman,” a forthcoming book on Bill Finger by Marc Tyler Nobleman
- The New 52 Adventures of Superman, a new podcast hosted by Michael Kaiser along with Jon M. Wilson and J. David Weter
- Green Lantern’s Light, a new podcast hosted by Michael Bradley along with J. David Weter and Jeffrey Taylor
How to Get this Episode
There are a few ways you can get this episode. You can listen immediately by clicking on the player below. You can also download the episode directly or subscribe to the show via iTunes or the RSS feed! Questions or comments? Additions or corrections? Drop us a line! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, to send us your thoughts, as well! And don’t forget to check out our partners, Gotham Knights Online, an excellent site for current Batman news and reviews.